Roland Hughes wrote:
People have been poking at this from different angles based upon what
"they" want, and what "they think" LibreOffice is or should be.  Putting
it bluntly, they are all incorrect.

At last! Thou is our real, awaited god of IT! Finally  show us the Way
to the "correct" way we must "think"... - uh wtf? :-)

[...] a single definition which has existed LONG BEFORE MS OFFICE
EVER CAME OUT.  In that world, and "Office" package is defined as
follows:
"That world" seems to date at least 20 years ago. Before things like
gmail existed.

A standardized bundle of software, that, when installed with the base
operating system on a desktop allows a corporate worker to do at least
90% of their job.
This now-a-days would include all of the stuff corporations use such as
in-house customised web-applications (e.g. for back-office etc), SAP,
and all sorts of non standard stuff they might need.
[...]
Browser
email
word processor
Calendar tool
drawing program
Spreadsheet
database reporting tool

Bundling all of this in the same 'suite' doesn't make much sense.
The more highly integrated these tools are, the easier it is to bring on
new users because the keystrokes will be the same, and, they can share a
common contact database with more robust features.
This seems yet to be a very loose and blurred definition of
'integration'. Keystrokes are fully customisable in modern software.
Contact databases are easily handled outside specific software (e.g.
LDAP etc.)
Not to mention the fact that what some products sell as "integration" is
actually a lock-in. That is, if you can only import an excel spreadsheet
into a Word table, the two integrate but you're locked in.
I am somewhat shocked they haven't pulled KMail and Kalendar into the
package.

Not surprising really with so many people switching to gmali these days
which, in turn, means switching away from email clients.

Lorenzo.