To:                     users@global.libreoffice.org
From:                   Thorsten Kampe <thorsten@thorstenkampe.de>
Subject:                [libreoffice-users] Re: [Calc] Create and export
chart
Date sent:              Wed, 13 Jul 2011 20:09:50 +0200
Send reply to:          users@global.libreoffice.org

* Tom Davies (Wed, 13 Jul 2011 18:42:47 +0100 (BST))
Personally i would probably stick to Calc and insert a new sheet that
calculated summaries from all the other sheets and then use that as
the basis for a chart.

So you cannot create charts in one sheet that takes data from another
sheet from within the same Calc file? There is no $'ALL SHEETS'.$A$1:$B
$3)??

If not how can I create a sheet that includes all the other sheets'
values?

Thorsten

I was playing with this, and couldn't figure a way to get data from
different sheets into a chart, but did come up with something
interest.

In a single sheet, I put the dates in column A from 1/1/2011 thru
12/31/2011. Used =randbetween(1,10) in column B just to have
some data.

Then did an XY graph using the Block, and that showed the whole
years of data.

Then went into the X-axis Scale, and turned off automatic, and set
the minimum to 3/1/2011 and maximum to 3/30/2011 as a test,
and got a chart with that data range..

Haven't done much with Calc, so there might be a way to
automate the process?

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes@kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii@gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC@HOME CREDITS
SETI        10996793.814598   |   EINSTEIN     6176402.050851
ROSETTA      3370540.763838   |   ABC          6867671.595982