I recall that there was a thread about duplex printing not working.

I now have a duplexing printer and I cannot get LibreOffice 3.4.1 [not tried it on any other version], on my Ubuntu 10.04LTS 64-bit install, to print using the duplex printing option.

This is the first time I have tried that option within LibreOffice. It works for printing PDF files to the printer or printing from my browser or email client, but LibreOffice's controls will not work for duplexing.

I have an Epson Artisan 810 inkjet printer [Print, Scan, Fax, Copy, etc.].

The question I have is why does LibreOffice use a different control panel for printer options than is default for any other application? I have to find the option in LibreOffice's control system, but it is up-front in Ubuntu's normal printer controls for any other application. Could there be some issue with the LO's printer control panel not toggling the duplex properly. My printer has

One sided printing
Duplex - flip on long side - standard [like book]
Duplex - flip on short side [like some government forms]

So, is there any ideas on how to get duplex printing working for LibreOffice? As a stop-gap measure, I will just print/export the documents to PDF and print the document using the normal duplex controls seen in the default PDF viewer application.