Hi :)
Good.  So you have found a work-around for the short-term - mid-term.

For the longer-term please can you post a bug-report against LibreOffice
separately from the OpenOffice bug-report
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport
You can ignore most of the advice in there.  Just use the link to start the new
bug-report.

If you can upload attachments directly to the bug report that would be great but
just giving the url address that you gave lower down in this thread might be
good enough.

If you can also give a url address of the OpenOffice bug-report that might help
the triagers and the devs.  A full url is good because people can just click on
it to get to the right place.

The devs do try to work through OpenOffice bug-reports but it's going to be
increasingly difficult due to the LO code-clean-up and rapid development.  Some
issues are going to magically disappear or become much easier to fix.  Hopefully
this might be one of those issues.

I guess you have already looked at
Tools - Options - LibreOffice - Memory
I don't think it will help but it might be worth trying.

I'm not a dev so i don't understand most of the question.  I have cc'd this
email back to the Users List but it would be best (imo) to contact the devs
directly or through the bug-report

Many thanks and regards from
Tom :)