Dear Giles

You could open your PDF in adobe first, highlight and copy the desired part content, then close adobe, open in Draw and paste; it pastes as its own box and full size.

It works for me, hope this works for you.

John
xp pro sp3
LO 3.3.3

Hello ,

I need to select and cut a squared-section in a PDF file.

After opening the file in Draw with the PDF format, I'm shown the whole
document as a big image, but I couldn't find if it's possible to select just
one part of the page and cut a section.  FWIW, the PDF was built with "Xerox
WorkCentre 7345" and uses PDF version 1.3

So I used LibreOffice to save the PDF as TIFF, opened it in PaintShopPro
(7), and removed the section.

But when I re-open the TIFF in LibreOffice so I can save it back to PDF,
it's displayed as a very tiny image (about 1/3 of the original as displayed
in PaintShopPro), even with Zoom=100%.

Does someone know why Draw does this?

Is there a way to do this in LibreOffice so I can avoid the PDF ->  TIFF ->
PDF shuffle?

Thank you.