In news:4E087ECC.1040703@telkomsa.net,
Ian Whitfield <whitfield@telkomsa.net> typed:
Hi All

I can REALLY use some help!!

I'm using LO 3.40 on Linux Mint 9 KDE.

I'm trying to re-set-up my Members Database on this
platform with a SubForm to record eMails and Photographs. I had this
working, (without the SubForm), in OO Base but it will not open in LO so
am
trying to re-create it.

Will the SubForm be a part of the main Form or will it
come up over the top of the Main Form with a button? If the latter how do
you do this Button?
The main question however is 'How do you do SubForms?' I
have gone through all the Forums and Googled for details and the
more I dig the more confused I get!! AND nothing seems to work and
different "answers" seem to contradict each other.

Can anyone give me straight forward step-by-step
instructions please? I have my main 'Contacts Table' and
an 'eMail Table' and a Main Form called 'Contacts'. I have set the Master
Key called "ID"
to be the link. But that's as far as I get.

Photographic question - I have read that LO keeps all
it's records in memory when you open it so if you have
large records this slows the whole thing down (just what is happening to
me!!). Each
of my records has three graphics, a 'Status Marker' and two thumbnail
Photos. Then I came across an article to "LINK" to the photos on the
Database rather than to include them, (which is the default).

This seems like a good direction to go in because it will
cut down the size of each record and would give me the added benefit
of automatically being able to update the photos
on-the-fly by just over-writing the photo in the folder with a new one
which the DB will
fetch next time you open it!!

But again same situation as above. All the answers I find
on the net seem contradictery.

Again has anyone got clear step-by-step instructions for
this.
Also are there any downsides to doing this?

Thanks in advance

Ian Whitfield
South Africa.////

AFAIK, 3.4 is NOT recommended for production use yet? Use caution here.