lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de <mailto:lee%40yun.yagibdah.de>>

>The mailmerge tool requires an address list, which is something I don't
>have and don't want to create in this case.

You can do That with a User-form. But you need some subroutines witch copy the contents from the Text-boxes, List-boxes and Combo-boxes from the User-Form to the right place in the document by pushing a button. And then export the document as a PDF. If you never worked with macros before it will take you quit a while (more then one day). It's much faster if you create a address-list or -database and use the mailmerge tool. ( and you can use the address-list again.) If you want to try the User-form version have a look to the Basic tutorial on the Wiki first.
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/BASIC_Guide
All you need to know for that job you will find in the Wiki, or in the internal help. And if you need help just send me the document (and an exact explanation) and I will help you.
I think, to write some macros is the best way to learn how to program.

regards Frieder