Le 21/06/11 20:56, Ernest Kurtz a écrit :

Hi Ernest,

If there are any primarily Mac users on this list, please contact me off-list?

My interest is almost exclusively in Writer, and because I work on several projects at the same
time, I like to have available and open several different word processors.  When I've tried to
run both OOo and LO at the same time, LO crashes.  It works well if I do not open OOo, though I
keep OOo on my machine.  No conflicts with NisusPro, MyWritings, GeoWord, Bean, but I would like
to use OOo or NeoOffice.

I have noticed that with LO 3.3.x and OOo 3.3.x, I could get one or the
other to crash if both were running at the same time. I haven't been
able to pin it down though, as it is somewhat irregular and put it down
to instabilities in both products. I have a theory that the programs
possibly attempt to address the same memory space during certain
operations, which potentially causes the problems. I can't prove it
because trying to run valgrind on two separate OOo/Neo/LibO instances
virtually brings my Mac to a standstill.

Alex