Roxy Robinson <rocmar62@ranchwireless.com> writes:

As I have already stated several times, you practically already have what you are
asking for by using the down arrow next to the Paste Icon on the toolbar! 2 clicks
instead of one.

You still don´t understand it. I would have to hit an arrow so tiny
that, as you may have noticed, people --- yourself included, IIRC ---
don´t even see it, which is straining and not anywhere near as fast and
simple as the system-wide standard way of pasting which involves only
two clicks and doesn´t require one to hit tiny arrows.

Your way is two clicks more, not one, btw.

Anyway, the button for pasting unformatted text in the toolbar makes it
easy now. That doesn´t change that having the application pick something
as default which is 99% of the time not what the users want and not
allowing the users to set another default is bad design. Since LO breaks
copying and pasting because there´s useful options involved with that,
it makes it neccessary to be able to to set a default so that copying
and pasting isn´t broken anymore and the additional options can still be
used. That´s obvious and not hard to understand at all.