Hi :)
Hopefully this is in Base rather than Calc.  The 2 tables need to be connected
by some sort of relationship.  I don't think spreadsheets work as relational
databases?  One of the 'obvious' 'easy answers' (and therefore most commonly
missed)  is if the relationship is not defined in Base.  It might be defined in
Access but it's worth checking that Base shows the same thing.

Thanks and regards from
Tom :)