Hello everyone,

I wrote this Bug report some Years ago against Open Office.
Unfortunately I had not so much time ( frequent travelling ) to follow
up. At that time I changed the document - reduced amount of variables -
to make  it working.

But now I´m back again to the Problem and no way out.

Problem:
As I already stated, I use the writer feature set/display variable
heavily with losts of calculations referring previously set/calculated
variables.
After defining ( too ) many variables, writers enters a strange
behaviour:

Instead of showing the value of the set/show variable, it shows the just
the name of this partikular and all further new introduced variables.

I´ve tried to show the problem taking screen shots.

I will send these screen shots and the document together with the
post.

A telephone contact in Germany would be nice to get, hence it`s much
easier to explain the problem interactively.

The basic questions - as far as i think - are:

1. Is there a limit in the number or size of variables ?
2. a pointer reference problem ?

PLEASE: don´t complain: I still use an Open Office version of the Debian
distro. Be shure that the problem is still in Libre Office to. The
version I recognized the problem is 1.xx. So it WILL be in Libre Office
too.

OpenOffice.org 3.2.1
OOO320m19 (Build:9505)
ooo-build 3.2.1.4, Debian package 1:3.2.1-11+squeeze2

PLEASE:Don´t ask me to use Calc instead. I use Calc when it good for.
Not for documents!

Here the relates files.

http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n3081935/TooManyVariables_CorrectOperation_SetVariable.png
TooManyVariables_CorrectOperation_SetVariable.png
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n3081935/NK_SB_11_13_2010_ForLibreOffice.odt
NK_SB_11_13_2010_ForLibreOffice.odt
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n3081935/TooManyVariables_WrongOperation_ChangeVariable.png
TooManyVariables_WrongOperation_ChangeVariable.png
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n3081935/TooManyVariables_WrongOperation_InsertNewVariable.png
TooManyVariables_WrongOperation_InsertNewVariable.png
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n3081935/TooManyVariables_WrongOperation_SetVariable.png
TooManyVariables_WrongOperation_SetVariable.png
Thanks for looking at it!