Database.

What you are looking for is a fairly standard database function.  People find a
nicely done  "form" in a database is much easier than fumbling with a
spreadsheet.  Spreadsheets are for fairly advanced users with fairly good maths
skills and/or logic.  A database keeps the data safe from most common blunders
that people often make with spreadsheets and allows various reports to be
pulled-off reasonably easily.  It also allows people with artistic skills to
create a nicer looking form without necessarily seeing the data.

Regards from
Tom :)