Hi :)
Answer are often given at the bottom of threads rather than at the top so it's
worth checking there if there appears to be no answer in a reply.

From what i have seen here so far i think that downloading and saving the
attachment before trying to open it might work better.  Also when you next try
to open LibreOffice if it asks if you want to attempt to recover a document
click on "cancel" or "no" or whatever to avoid trying to recover the document.
Then you should be able to open normal documents in LibreOffice again.
Good luck and regards from
Tom :)