Hello Roland,
In Debian Squeeze deleting /tmp is supposedly controlled by setting TMPTIME=x
in /etc/default/rcS. "0" means - delete /tmp, a negative number means don't
ever delete it, while a positive number indicates the number of days till
deletion.

By the way - even though I reverted to using the odbc-connection to MySQL (it
works just fine), I tried to install libreoffice-mysql-connector. In doing
so, it "broke" my LibreOffice system (I couldn't open ANY files anymore!).
The reason seems to be the Libre..-connector goes together with 3.3.2,
while I had 3.4.0 installed. I obiously ended up with a "mixed-up" system.
So, for me - it's odbc for the moment...
Thanks for your help
Regards