2011/6/5 Nuzhna Pomoshch <nuzhna_pomoshch@yahoo.com>:
--- On Sat, 5/28/11, Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum@gmail.com> wrote:

2. I sometimes need to work in cm, and
sometimes in inches. How do I change from
one to the other? Again, I recall that
this was easy to set in Excel.

Tools → Options… → LibreOffice Calc → General

Missed that (I don't know how). Thank you.

You're welcome…

3. How do I get hidden ("dot" directories) to
appear in the open and save dialog boxes (they
appear in all of the window manager dialog
boxes)?

On my system they appear.

At Tools → Options → LibreOffice → General, the
option ”☐ Use LibreOffice dialogue boxes” (or
something like that; I run LibreOffice in
Swedish) is unchecked. I don't remember if I
unchecked> it or if it's unchecked by default,
though.

I don't have any option like that at all. Just
a few things (under LibreOffice / General) for
"help" (enabling tips and help agent), "document
status" (whether printing sets the "document
modified" status), and how to handle a two digit
year.

Okay, I just started LibreOffice with English GUI, to make sure to get
it right. On my system it is:
Tools → Options… → LibreOffice → General → Open/Save dialogs → ☐ Use
LibreOffice dialogs
I have it unticked.

”Open/Save dialogs” is between ”Help” and ”Document status”.

Works for me. I did exactly like you described
above. Here is the result:
http://ubuntuone.com/p/w5e/ (it's a video file,
3 942 058 bytes, Theora format, recorded from my
desktop) Isn't this the same way as you are
doing it?

That is basically it (I don't have the "standard
formatting" on my context menu, though).

Well, that is with Swedish GUI. I think it is ”Default format” or
something like that with English GUI.

I was
trying to specifically select "general" after
pulling up the "format cells" mutlti-tabbed
dialog box. I have played with this some more,
and it seems that using "default formatting"
(from the top menu) works, as does changing the
format to something else. It only doesn't work
when trying to change back to the "general"
format, apparently because the dialog box sets
that as the "current" format when all of the
selected cells do not have the same format.

A bit esoteric, but it still should be fixed.