It's unbelievable. Since 1999 I have used
Excel/OpenOffice.org/LibreOffice quite a lot, almost daily. I consider
some of my spreadsheets somewhat advanced with macros and long
formulas doing some fancy stuff…

Today I accidently ran into the SUMPRODUCT() function and found that
it's exactly what I really needed for all those years! How could I
manage without it? Until today I could, but now I reached the limits
of the combination My brain + No SUMPRODUCT() function…
So I started to search the Internet for how to solve a problem that I
had, which I couldn't solve with SUMIF or other functions and I found
some SUMIF examples. The last example of one web page was however a
SUMPRODUCT() example which solved my problem very easily. I could even
remove three entire columns in my spreadsheet, every one of which
included some complex formulas…

I guess the lack of knowledge of the SUMPRODUCT() function forced me
to learn quite a few other functions, workarounds and tricks…

Maybe this would rather be sent to the Discuss list, but I thought
that this could be a hint for other people who didn't know about the
SUMPRODUCT() function for some strange reason…

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ