On 2011-05-30 2:53 PM, Roland Hughes wrote:
On Mon, 2011-05-30 at 14:34 -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
It's a common cultural problem in the OpenSource community.  Everyone
thinks "they" deserve all software for free, but if you have a company
or business email address "you" should spend all of your money so that
they can continue to have free software.  It doesn't matter what
OpenSource operating system or application/software package you are
using, this irrational response persists.  I imagine it is even more
persistent in the LO world since they just cut free of "Sugar Daddy"
and now need a revenue source.

I've never seen or noticed such an attitude - certainly not anything
nearly as pervasive or prevalent as you seem to by suggesting.

Well, that attitude has been seen before by some people I know.   "I get
mine free, while you have to pay for yours"  , is the mindset I see
myself from time to time.

Open Source does cost.

I didn't say it doesn't cost anything...

I said I didn't see the attitude exhibited as described by Roland.

And what you then go on to describe is *not* the same thing as Roland
described, not even close...

Of course free software costs... and I for one am very appreciative of
the efforts (yours and others, here and elsewhere) of those who make
free software possible.