All right.  I removed LibreOffice 3.4.0rc1 and the Help Pack.  Then I reinstalled them from
scratch.  (The Java JRE installation was retained.)  Everything works.

The Help Pack does work properly for Calc Conditional Formatting with LibreOffice 3.4.0rc1 for
Win32 (x86 on Windows Vista in a VM on Windows 7).  I previously confirmed that the links to
on-line Help in 3.4.0rc1 are also correct on Windows.

 - Dennis