In news:4DC016D7.8060701@gmail.com,
Francis Dollarhyde <francis.f.dollarhyde@gmail.com> typed:
I recently received a .docx file as an attachment.
However, what I tried, LO wouldn't read it. It opened it
but gave a blank page.
The people who sent the file are complete computer
illiterate who follow MS$ like slaves. I assume it is the
latest Word or whatever MS$ uses as text application. It
can well be that the file is composed of pictures. When I
open the file with Hexedit I see content and the first 2
bytes are hex 50 4B (PK) and byte 31 till 49 contains
"[Content_Types] xml, the byte beween ] and x is hex 2E. Can anybody
explain why LO can't read this file?
Help is much appreciated.
Joep

I suspect the problem is word art.   OpenOffice and
LibreOffice has no equivalent
Please send the file to the email
Francis.F.Dollarhyde@gmail.com.
I will look at it in LibreOffice 64  Mint Linux, Openoffice,  MS Office
2007

This might be a long shot, but I recently ran into a similar situation. It
turned out the user had sent it with windows Live Mail. When I tried out
Live Mail, it was all completely readable.
   Guess which mail client I'll never use?

HTH,

Twayne`