On Thursday 05 May 2011 00:20:16 Twayne wrote:
In news:1304498329897-2897913.post@n3.nabble.com,

Andy <mos4567@gmail.com> typed:
I am thinking this is a false positive but if it is not
the security of the mirror needs to be looked into,
this is what avira reported...

Type: URL
Source:
http://mirror.layerjet.com/tdf/libreoffice/testing/3.4.0-beta3/win/x86/Li
bO_3.4.0beta3_Win_x86_install_multi.exe Status: Infected
Quarantine object: 4d04af49.qua
Restored: NO
Uploaded to Avira: NO
Operating System: Windows 2000/XP/VISTA Workstation
Search engine: 8.02.04.226
Virus definition file: 7.11.07.124
Detection: Is the TR/Kazy.7514 Trojan
Date/Time: 5/4/2011, 4:13

Any thoughts on weather this is a false positive or a bad
mirror?

I suspect it's a false positive based on my own experience. You can
 probably get the same answer from their forums.

I've run into the same issues on a different (VB) program, one I wrote
myself kept being tagged as a virus by Avira. I discovered finally that the
reason was Avira at that time detected a setup.exe file in an unexpected
location but it never said so. It just dug up a name and said I was
 infected by xxxx. After some hair pulling and digging I discovered it was
 triggering on a setup.exe in the VB folder.
   First I deleted the file and the problem went away. Put the file back,
problem came back. Moved the file to Program Files and the problem stayed
gone!
   Avira was declaring a virus based simply on PATH! Then from reading the
groups there I decided Avira was using their install base to do BETA
 testing with but not saying so ... I got a support guy to admit it in so
 many words. That was the last time I used Avira!

HTH,

Twayne`

Many years ago I was using Dr Solomon Anti virus. After an update a virus was
flagged up on my hard drive. Investigation (after enduring much flak from our
IT department!) showed that the MBR on the IBM PC-AT had the signature of a
virus! Dr Solomon's were very helpful. I sent them a hex dump of the MBR and
they confirmed that it was identical to that provided by IBM. Two days later
we got an update of the Anti virus that then detected no virus together with a
thank you letter from Dr Solomon's.
If only Avira were as helpful.