I have a problem that I hope this group can help me with.

Simply stated, I work with very large documents, some in excess of 100 pages. They are either created in odt format or converted from doc or docx to odt when I get them. While working with these documents, if I save the file and then close it, it reopens at the beginning of the file, not at point in the document where I stopped working and saved it. To find my previous stopping point, I generally insert a string of "x's" so that I can find my stopping point but sometimes I forget. LO did not do this on 2 other computers that I used previously. OO did not do this originally either but the problem appeared with v. 3.

I have recently had to move to a new laptop computer. This problem did not happen with LO installations on my 2 previous laptops. The first one, an HP running MS Vista and the second, an HP running Windows 7. The Vista laptop had this problem with OO v. 3 but it disappeared with the initial installation of LO. When the HP Vista laptop failed, LO was installed on a new HP laptop running Win7 and it always opened my files at the previous save point. LO was installed clean (from the same saved installation file that I used on the Vista computer) on the Win7 laptop and the problem did not occur. That new Win7 laptop was unsatisfactory, it was returned and replaced with the current Dell Win7 and again LO was installed from the original LO download. Now the odt files no longer open at the previous save point.

Help! Is the problem with my OS settings? (I can't be sure that the Win7 settings are the same on both Win7 computers.) Something different between HP Win7 and Dell Win7? Or is it something in my configuration of LO? If so, is there a configuration setting I can change? Or was there an upgrade to LO that was somehow installed on my computer?

Current LO version is listed as:

LibreOffice 3.3.0
OOO330m19 (Build:6)
tag libreoffice-3.3.0.4