Hi --
I switched from OpenOffice to LibreOffice when I read the claim that Libre code seems better and tighter than Open. I had some favorite pointer devices (called Felix (Latin for "cat") rather than mouse -- but these got worn out. Then someone gave me a used Logitech trackball, which I can also use without destroying my wrists.

With LibreOffice 3.3.0 and the three-button trackball, the Writer program rather quickly became non-functional. If I clicked on the Page Up or Page Down, or with the trackball, the program would not jump to the new position. Instead, it would "scroll" one line a second, keeping the rest of the computer paralyzed, until it had moved by a whole page. Clicking in the "elevator" to go up or down on the page similarly scrolled in this impaired slow motion. I can't work -- write papers -- under such conditions.

I have no idea how to go about fixing this problem. I can't write or edit papers with LibreOffice, with this problem -- which leaves me using Microsoft Word (which I would rather not do).

My operating system: Windows XP Professional (or UberStudent distribution of Ubuntu Linux, which I have little skill in using, so far.) I don't know just what other information someone better with computers than I might want.

    Please tell/show me how to fix this problem.
        Andy Hilgartner

--
C. A. Hilgartner                 Phone:  660-627-2519
2413 North East Street           Email:   cah5@hilgart.org