Ryan,

First of all, thanks for persisting with this.

Unfortunately, the solution does not seem to work.

(Even if it worked, it would be a little kludgy, because a user would have to first go to the source document to copy. If the target is a template, that wouldn't be too difficult, but it's not the same as browsing and clicking.)

Source document = where the text I want to include resides
Target document = where I want the included text to appear

When I copied the text of the source document and special pasted it into the target document, doing so as a LO Writer object inserted the whole text. But doing so as a DDE object, which is what you suggested, does... nothing. Nothing appears in editing mode, nor in page preview mode. (I didn't look at the XML, because if the functionality isn't there, I don't really care what's under the hood.) Special pasting the DDE link onto an existing piece of text in the target document deletes the pre-existing text but replaces it with nothing.

I played around with inserting sections, both as links and as links/DDE, but that didn't seem to work, either.

Joe