On 2011-03-29 12:33, Andy Brown wrote:
Steve Edmonds wrote:

On 2011-03-29 11:37, Andy Brown wrote:
Hi Mark,

Mark Stanton wrote:
Hi Andy,

First are the fonts used on both computers?

Good thought!  It turns out, when I look closer, the document is a
bit of
a mish-mash of fonts and font styles.

I actually couldn't find one of the (two) fonts on my own machine.
Would
LO substitute silently?  Surely it should complain if it can't find
the
font. But that looks like what's happened, because now that I've
copied
those (TrueType) fonts over and restarted LO (not just closed Writer,
that didn't make any difference) the document now looks the same on
both
machines.  Brilliant Holmes!  Thanks :-D

Seen this type of thing quite often in the forum so it is one of the
first to check.

This is just the thing that drove me to suggest to have the option to
embed (package) a font in the odt file.

Where was this made?  The bug tracer would be the best place, if it is
possible with the ODF standard.
Made in this list. Not too popular.
May be a handy hints page would be useful for users who come across
these idiosyncrasies.

Maybe the Help wiki would be a good place.
True. LO is a great product and getting better all the time, but not
fully without bugs.
For the beginner there are some things, that without knowing your way
around can lead to frustration, for instance the save Auto-Recovery
doesn't work for .docs and can lead to image loss in writer documents.
Safe solution, turn it off and remember to save regularly.
When you know about them you can work around them easily.

Trouble is the wiki could bet real big when you look at the bug list and
then be a headache to maintain.

steve