On 03/28/2011 02:13 PM, Mark Stanton wrote:
I have a document that spans two pages when viewed/edited on one
computer but is only one page when viewed/edited from the other
computer on my network.

All the page settings appear the same when viewed from either
computer (how could they be different?)

Can there be any personal settings influencing this?  That's the only
(sensible) reason I can think of for the discrepancy, but I haven't
been able to find any.

Additionally, when printed from the computer that (correctly) shows
the document as being only one page, LO prints a second, blank, page
for each correct page of the document (when it's mail merged).

There are frames on the page and this/these seem to be rendered
differently on each computer.  I started to check their options and
they appeared to be the same, but of course they do, it's the same
file!  How can there be a difference in rendering?

Is this a known issue?  If not I'll post it and the example file as a
bug report, but I thought I'd ask here first.

Regards
Mark Stanton
One small step for mankind...
Would you be willing to send this document to me - off the list? Then I could see if it shows up as two pages of text or only one. This will let "us" know how a third system displays your document. If I get the same as one of your computers, then we would have a base to help figure out what is going on.

You state that there are "frames" on the page. Is this being used like a newsletter, newspaper, or other text that need columned document and break up the "article" into section where the beginning is on one page and the rest on a different page? I rarely use "frames" outside of newsletters and the last time I did those I use PageMaker. I never really learned how to do this type of work with Writer.

The one issue I have seen with text/tables/images being printed on the next page after where I thought it should be, is some option that is checked somewhere that asks you if you want print a table out spanning two pages or do you want it to be kept whole [if possible] so it is printed out on the next page.

I just looked for the option setting [one of them]. Tools > Options > LibreOffice Writer > Table - Default - No Not Split checkbox. I do not find anything for "frames" but if Writer use Table print options for frames, then that could be a problem.

Sometimes, to fix a printing error, I need to get rid of the "personal" settings folder where your printer preferences and your other package preferences are stored. Once you remove that folder, the next time you open Writer, Calc, etc., the package recreates the deleted folder. If you have to enter in your personal information when you start Writer, like the first time you installed LibreOffice [or OpenOffice.org], then you should have all your preference settings reset to the system defaults.

If you wish to email your document to me, so I can see how it looks on my Ubuntu 10.10 LibreOffice package, my email address for this list is:

"webmaster@krackedpress.com"

I use that address for e-newsletters and email lists. [except 1 or 2 of them]

Tim L. - New York State, USA [5 hours away from NY City and wish it was farther away].