2011/2/5 Hane Tsukasa <grasoft250@163.com>

Hi there!

It seems to be a question which has been talked about for a long time in
the days of Openoffice. That is, could it be possible to embed the Truetype
fonts used in a document(esp. Writer/Impress) when we save the file?

Personally I think it's a very practical and useful funtion. A
fantastically formatted document could turn out to be nothing at all when it
is opened on another machine that doesn't have certain fonts installed.

I don't think this function may lay a finger on the issues of copyright.
The Microsoft Office has done so in their counterpart product.

So, could the function be implemented in future release? Many thanks.

I don't know how it's done in MS office, but this will most likely raise
issues for some fonts that are not free. Sometime, you only have a license
to use a font to produce a document, and not redistribute it; embedding it
in a document might become a big issue in this case, no ?

--
Cley Faye
http://cleyfaye.net