Hi Ken,

On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 07:47:30 -0700
Ken Springer <snowshed@dishmail.net> wrote:

Good morning, Jonathon,

On 02/04/2011 08:17 AM, Ken Springer wrote:

I'm going to write my comments in blue.

What does blue sound like?

Just to be a "smarta**" this morning, I'm going to say it sounds like New
Orleans Jazz, where people often "sing the blues".   LOL

[...]

As no one has mentioned it, I do not know if any other reader saw blue
text.  So, I have absolutely know idea if anyone other than myself sees blue
text.

To give you some feedback: I don't see any colour formatting. But this is, because my mailer
doesn't support any HTML. Honestly, I like it this way.

To see, who wrote what, you use the citation marks ('>') and leave the names mentioned above (On
<date> xyz wrote) the email. So you can see clearly, who said what.

[...]

That is either BBCode, or sanitized HTML. It is used only for
presentation markup. It is not required for content creation.

This is very likely BBCode. This is used to make the use of forums safer. (You can insert malicious
code into HTML, with BBCode this isn't possible.)

Agreed, it is not "required for content creation", but the use of formatting
tools leads to better comprehension and understanding of what a writer is
trying to convey.  That is why we need to use correct spelling, grammar, and
punctuation.

And no, I am *not* taking any issue of the posters on this list for whom
English is a second or third language.

I've used text smilies for years, yet I still don't know what all of the
various text smilies or graphical smilies mean.

I use only a very small set of smileys, where I know for sure what they mean. So I personally
restrict myself to :) and ;) I think, those are more than sufficient. (At least, they are for me)
;)

Sigrid