Hi, let me give my two cents:

I believe the confusion comes from the fact that the PortableApps folks put in their description of the LibreOffice Portable product that it runs from a "cloud drive" which basically just means that it can run from a network share. This does indeed work (and fairly well if your network isn't too congested) but, as others have said, this does not make LibreOffice Portable a "cloud" application.

Cheers,
Chris Carpenter

P.S. I put cloud in quotes because the term is being used for basically anything on the network anymore... I suppose my definition would be a massively multi-user product optimized for being deployed over the internet or a large network? Meh, I don't even know.

P.P.S. Also, there IS something similar for Linux, though I haven't tried it as all my linux machines have it installed locally. You can find it here: http://portablelinuxapps.org/. Web site is rather terrible, but it supposably works well.