Hello all,

I'm having an issue with master documents that I was thinking about reporting to Bugzilla. But my experiance with bug reports tells me this might be a man-behind-the-keyboard-issue so I thought I'd ask around first.

The problem is this. Whenever I create a set of sub-documents and a master created from a template with a custom page style, each sub-document is preceded by a page break. If I set the master and sub-documents to use the "Standard" page style this page break disappears. See the bullet list below on recreating this bug. It's being discussed here: http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=77040&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15&sid=abd6929d87e55ba2c0ff6b622b93d9e4 <http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=77040&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15&sid=abd6929d87e55ba2c0ff6b622b93d9e4>

So obviously it was an issue with OOo.

All I want here is to confirm this is still a bug and not some "feature" or that I'm doing something wrong before I file this with Bugzilla. In other words I'm not looking for a workaround, I already have one, I'm looking to get the problem fixed.

Thanks a bunch!

To recreate:

  1. Create a new Writer document and save it as a template.
  2. Create a new document from the template and write something in it
     using the "Standard" paragraph style. Save is as "Document 1".
  3. Create another document from the template and write something in
     it using the "Standard" paragraph style. Save is as "Document 2".
  4. Create a third document from the template and do
     "File"->"Send"->"Create master document". Save as "Master". If
     this doesn't work then do "File"->"New"->"Master document" and use
     the excellent "Template changer" extension to set the template of
     the master.
  5. Insert Document 1 and Document 2 in the master document. See how
     one beautifully follows the other on the same page.
  6. Close all documents and open up the template for editing. Create a
     new page style and save the template.
  7. Open the sub-documents and when asked update the styles with the
     ones from the template.
  8. Make sure the page style of the sub-documents is the newly created
     one and save them.
  9. Open up the master and be amazed at how the two sub-documents are
     now on two separate pages.

--

Regards

*Anders Jakobsson*