Hi :)

Is EPS a vector-graphics format that allows you to increase (or decrease) the
size of pictures easily without any loss of quality?

If so then converting to the ".svg" format that LibreOffice has just included
support for would be a good way to deal with this.  There is an OpenSource (and
free) program called "Inkscape" that makes it easy to change between
vector-graphics formats.

However, if you are using EPS so that you can get an easy preview of the picture
without having to open the whole thing then there are quite a few developments.
First, recently computers became able to preview or even open pictures in many
different formats much more easily.  Secondly, there are better formats now,
such as "png" that are a lot less lossy than "jpg" or "gif".  There are even
lossless formats such as "tiff".

It might be worth contacting the Design mailing list as they have much more
accurate knowledge about all this than most of us in here.
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design

So, you might not need to stick with EPS anymore.  It depends on why you were
using that format.

I hope something here was helpful.  If not hopefully someone else might give a
better answer soon so don't worry.
Regards from
Tom :)