On 01/24/2011 09:06 AM, Garth wrote:
Can you please advise me how to add MTSF fonts. I've always done this in the past using spadmin.exe but in Libreoffice spadmin no longer has the add fonts facility. I've searched the faqs, tried the help files and looked on facebook and spent hours trying register for the forum. All without success.

I am an author and all my work is done using Comic sans Ms and it has been so easy in the past to add my MTSF fonts. So far as I am concerned it's an essential requirement.

On another subject, something that has always bugged serious WP users like myself, hammering away for hours a day has been the inability to export personal dictionaries from Open Office when changing a PC or buying a new netbook. Any thoughts on that?

regards and best wishes in your venture,

G. Crocker.

What OS are you using? Windows, Linux, Mac OSX? It looks like Windows, but please state it.

MTSF fonts? What fonts names are they? Do you want to add those fonts for LibreO only
of your want to have them system wide?

Windows has/had a Font section in its "Control Panel". I add fonts that way and I make sure I check the "copy fonts" section so the font will be copied to the Fonts folder.

When I go from one computer to another, I copy my Fonts folder [TTF and OTF fonts only] and save it on a thumb drive, or something. Then I use the Font options on the new computer to install all the fonts that I have on the thumb drive that are not on the new computer. Currently I have 330 fonts in my Ubuntu 10.10. Many are pre-installed by Ubuntu and things can go weird if I delete them. The rest are my standard fonts, including Comic Sans MS.