On 01/23/2011 03:03 PM, MR ZenWiz wrote:
On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 11:22 AM, webmaster@krackedpress.com
<webmaster@krackedpress.com>  wrote:
I know that no system is perfect, but I could use whatever help there is
out there for these tasks.  There was talk on the OOo list a while back
about a Grammar add-on project, but I do not know it it ever got finished.

It would be nice to have an option for "sound alike" words like "aunt" and
"ant".
Of course it would be nice if I could spell properly, or close enough for
the
spell checker to give me a list that has the word I am looking for.

So does any one know of some free system that would run on Ubuntu
that does more than LO does for grammar checking?  Even a stand alone
package would help.

The one that I really hated was an OOo extension - language lab, I
think.  They had two grammar checker / thesaurus add-ons and I thought
this one was better, then I wound up turning it off because it flagged
every possible error (most of which weren't).  I didn't see anything
like this on the TDF site.

You might find it more useful than I did, but again I don't recommend it.

As for stand-alone grammar checkers, you might have luck with Google....

The one on LibrePlanet for LO is listed as LanguageTool. [OOo has it as well].
I installed that one the other day.  Is this the one you hate or
the one you like.