Not sure which "you" you mean, but I have never seen a good grammar
checker anywhere.  Period.

Way back in the stone age (of WordStar), there was a thing called
GrammaTek that did a really bad job of grammar-checking, but things
have progressed a little since then.

Word's grammar checker is the best one I've seen although recently
I've noticed that LO is flagging some grammar errors and flagging them
for me.  Some are intentional due to the way I write or a point I'm
trying to make, but in general it makes me look at something that
might be wrong.

If you right-click a grammar-highlighted word or phrase, it should
tell you what it thinks is wrong with it.

However, grammar checkers don't catch misspelled words (spell checkers
do that), they sometimes catch misapplied homonyms, which is not the
same thing although it is or can be useful.

Personally, I prefer a human proof-reader, even if it's me, because at
least with English, grammar is too complex for most (not all) programs
to do it justice, whereas I can usually spot a grammo while reading
because they tend to jar my understanding enough to look twice.

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 6:39 PM, webmaster@krackedpress.com