On 01/21/2011 07:34 PM, NoOp wrote:
On 01/21/2011 04:07 PM, webmaster@krackedpress.com wrote:
On 01/21/2011 06:56 PM, NoOp wrote:
$ cat /opt/libreoffice/program/versionrc
[Version]
AllLanguages=en-US
buildid=330m18(Build:4)
ExtensionUpdateURL=http://updateexte.libreoffice.org/ExtensionUpdateService/check.Update
OOOBaseVersion=3.3
ProductBuildid=4
ProductMajor=330
ProductMinor=18
ProductSource=OOO330
UpdateID=LibreOffice_3_en-US
UpdateURL=
UpdateUserAgent=<PRODUCT>   (${buildid}; ${_OS}; ${_ARCH};
BundledLanguages=${AllLanguages})

Copy&   paste that into the report&   then the devs can easily see which
version/build the report is about.

Similar for Windows users, only the file is 'version.ini'.

What about looking at Help/About Openoffice.org or LibreOffice
and then copy/paste the info from the pop-up?

Here is my LO info

LibreOffice 3.3.0
OOO330m19 (Build:6)
tag libreoffice-3.3.0.4

Here is my OOo info

OpenOffice.org 3.2.1
OOO320m19 (Build:9505)
ooo-build 3.2.1.4, Ubuntu package 1:3.2.1-7ubuntu1

It this info enough?
LO is the RC4 build that was announced today[?].
Yesterday.

I reckon so. Just noticed the versionrc on this machine is for RC2 - the
other machines are RC4 :-) I think I'll archive this version so that I
can compare against RC4.
I normally do not run any RC versions, but since LibreOffice
does not have any full releases yet, I just started with RC3 and
then upgraded to RC4.  When it finally go to 3.3.x, then I will
wait till the next version is out and not install an RC version.

OpenOffice.org is on RC10 right now, while LibreO is on RC4.
What I have been seeing in these threads lead me to believe
that the people are slower to put out a RC version, but also
may wait between RC version for more of the work to be done
and verified.  Not having to justify your paycheck with Oracle
or other software company to "finish" your project in time and
under budget, lets people slow down and possibly do a better
job.  I always tell people, when I was a mainframe programmer,
that I will get it done as quickly as I can do it correctly the first
time and not have to spend as much time fixing problems that
creep up during testing.  I hope the current world of PC based
programming still hold to that instead of rush, rush, rush, to get
the job done as quickly as possible.  I was/am a slow typist so
I could never rush a project and would rather do as much as I
could to get it right before I started typing it at my slow pace.
Actually learning coding with punch cards and teletype terminals
may have helped that idea along.

So, even though it would be nice to have a full release version
of LibreOffice to send my friends and former clients, I will wait
for the slow and steady process to finish.  Should get a better
working product in the long run.