um... sure, that's a bit of an exageration, but I don't think we're
going to be seeing any more OOo packages wasting server space from here
on out.

As for me personally? ANYTHING related to EllisonCo that I don't
absolutely have to have will be removed forthwith.

Here's an excerpt from Eric himself...

<snip>

Here they are: packages for the third release candidate of the upcoming
LibreOffice 3.3.0. They have been compiled from source, as opposed to
repackaging RPM files. These packages are native Slackware stuff. If you
are running Slackware with a non-english localization, you can
additionally install an appropriate language pack. No dictionaries are
included, get a dictionary for your language at
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/dictionaries

You can find the Slackware LibreOffice package and language packs – and
associated build scripts – at the usual locations:

http://alien.slackbook.org/blog/libre-office-3-3-0-rc3/

</snip>

To intstall the package, if you've already got OOo installed on your
machine, simply download the package above and upgrade OOo to LO by the
following:

[code]
# upgradepkg openoffice.org%libreoffice
[/code]

Your dictionaries should remain intact ;)

I'll be maintaining a package (and SBo) for OxygenOffice as soon as
there's a new release based on LO, which there presumably will be. I
doubt the OxygenOffice folks will stick w/EllisonCo's deprecated software.

Well I hope that brings a smile to everyone's faces :)

Kindest regards,

- --
Bradley D. Thornton
Manager Network Services