I can run OO and LO on the same machine?

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 12:03 PM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

On 01/19/2011 08:13 AM, Olwe Melwasul wrote:
I just installed LO3.3 from Ubuntu repo on Ubuntu 10.04. I followed the
instructions at

http://drupal.txwikinger.me.uk/content/libreoffice-now-available-ppa-ubuntu-1010-and-1004#comment-620

Install went fine. I pull up a document in Writer, but can't seem to save
it
as a .doc or .docx. However, .odt saves work.

Looks like a PPA issue. I've no issue saving a document to .doc with
standard LORC3 install. The document stats are:

198 pages
33 tables
1 graphic
1 OLE
5275 paragraphs
52057 words
336843 characters

Ubuntu 10.04 & 10.10 - 2.4Ghz/3Gb

You may wish to file a launchpad bug or contact the PPA maintainer. BTW:
PPA stands for Personal Package Archive... meaning that only the
person(s) maintaining that archive can help you.
https://launchpad.net/~libreoffice/+archive/ppa
For questions and bugs with software in this PPA please contact
LibreOffice Packaging.
 https://launchpad.net/~libreoffice
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/~libreoffice

Were I you, unless you are doing LO testing on Ubuntu; I'd purge that
install, reinstall OOo, and then install LO from the .deb provided at:
http://www.libreoffice.org/download
  http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/installation/linux/

That way you have both OOo and LO installed and can run in parallel if
you wish.