2011/1/19 Fabián Rodríguez <magicfab@member.fsf.org>:

I would welcome detailed, tested steps to do the same in a GUI with less
than the 4 steps I enumerated. :) Using a PPA is already a stretch of
using "Linux for human beings", so is going to LibreOffice so early.

It _is_ in beta test - it's not ready for prime time quite yet....

Try describing what you wrote in detailed steps (as an exercise) and
soon you will need screenshots, red circles and arrows pointing at
stuff: "add the repo to synaptic and install by simply copy/pasting the
repo url appropriately into the synaptic repo tool, then searching,
clicking, installing, too, since we're in pointy clicky land here."
While at it please define "repo", "synaptic", "repo url", "repo tool"
and "installing"! I seriously wish PPAs where easier, but then we'd end
up with Active X :D Such documentation shortcuts are impossible to
decifer by most users and if expand them it becomes some huge
intimidating document. I know about this from doing it full time for the
last 4 years (for Ubuntu, specifically).

I think a video might be in order :) Meh.

This is where the CLI shines - a few simple commands to execute and you're done.

Why the installation process is not provided in a shell script, say
"install," is beyond me.