She could probably add the repo to synaptic and install
by simply copy/pasting the repo url appropriately into
the synaptic repo tool, then searching, clicking, installing,
too, since we're in pointy clicky land here.
Not that learning to manage in the CLI is ever a bad idea,
and, in truth, it really IS simpler than all the gui-goodness (bloat).
Just, our job on this list is to help her get the LO software installed,
more than make a real hacker out of her.
Sometimes I think we scare folks off, is all.
I find nothing wrong with luring them in with all the eye-candy and newfangled
"user friendliness" (although I really concur with tuomo about that
term "user friendly"),
then, when they're really hooked, get 'em writing bash scripts and
learning ruby and python and shite...

USE THE SOURCE, JOIN US, TOGETHER WE CAN RULE THE GALAXY!
Muahahahaha!

./tony