On 01/19/2011 11:49 AM, Joachim Wiedorn wrote:
Olwe Melwasul<hercynianforest@gmail.com>  wrote on 2011-01-19 10:13:

I just installed LO3.3 from Ubuntu repo on Ubuntu 10.04. I followed the
instructions at
http://drupal.txwikinger.me.uk/content/libreoffice-now-available-ppa-ubuntu-1010-and-1004#comment-620

Install went fine. I pull up a document in Writer, but can't seem to save it
as a .doc or .docx. However, .odt saves work.
Where is the problem?
Can you read a message? Or is the problem in the dialog box?

---
Have a nice day.

Joachim (Germany)

I think the person was having trouble with the save/save as pop-up window
not showing the file type option by default.

I wonder how up-to-date the PPA is to the LO web site downloads?
Ubuntu used a version of OOo that I was told is Go-oo, and not the
OOo web site's version.  So I had to purge the repository version
installed by default and added the OOo deb version.  Now I have LO
RC3 as well.  OOo seems to be having trouble with a bug or two and
are on RC9.

It will be nice when Ubuntu adds LibreOffice to their repository, like
the promised they would.