On 2011/01/13 5:58 PM  NoOp wrote:
The release notes[1] for LORC3.3 contains the following statement:

The Berkeley database engine has been upgraded in this version of
LibreOffice. The database engine upgrade introduces an
incompatibility with user data for installed extensions for
OpenOffice.org versions prior to 3.2 that may require your action if
you downgrade your version of LibreOffice.

This version of LibreOffice will convert your extension database to
the new Berkeley database format when extensions are installed or
removed. After this conversion, the database can no longer be read by
earlier versions of OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice. Downgrading to an
earlier version may result in a dysfunctional installation.

If you downgrade to an earlier version of OpenOffice.org or
LibreOffice, you must remove the user data directory {user
data}/uno_packages, for example
~/.openoffice.org/3/user/uno_packages, and reinstall all extensions.
Does anyone know exactly what this means?

My libreoffice user profile/folder is:
~/.libreoffice/3/
My Ubuntu OOo is:
~/.openoffice.org/3/
And my standard OOo (set by me) is:
~/.openoffice.org3/3/

I'm hesitant to install LORC3.3 until I fully understand whether or not
LORC3.3 with screw up any other Berkeley databases on my system (OOo or
otherwise). Further, does this mean that I can no longer add extensions
that use the older database, or will those be automagically converted on
install?
The Release notes for OOo 3.2.1 included the following:
http://development.openoffice.org/releases/3.2.1.html

   Configuration data for extensions
   The configuration data for extensions is stored in a Berkely DB which was updated to
   version 4.7.25. This update contains a modified database format (for the technical
   backgound see issue 100916). Due to this it it not possible to share the user configuration
   with OOo 3.1.1 or older regarding extensions. This does not affect the normal user
   configuration. It is recommended to backup the directory with the user installation before
   installing OOo 3.2.1 and using the configuration also with older versions.

OOo 3.2.0
release notes were similar.

Since there is no 3.1.1 version of LibO it won't affect you. It only affects people who try to revert to OOo 3.1. The database is in the users settings for LibO and will not affect OOo.

Larry
--
Larry I. Gusaas