On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 4:50 PM, MR ZenWiz <mrzenwiz@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 3:31 PM, baldwin linguas
<baldwinlinguas@gmail.com> wrote:

I downloaded
http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/testing/3.3.0-rc2/rpm/x86_64/LibO_3.3.0rc2_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US.tar.gz
from the libreoffice.org/download/ page.
the file is
LibO_3.3.0rc2_Linux_x86-64_install-deb_en-US.tar.gz
It's from the LibreOffice site.
This is the only download offered for my platform (debian 64 bit) on the site.
I extracted the tarball, which then gives me a directory
LibO_3.3.0rc2_Linux_x86-64_install-deb_en-US
Inside of which are two more directories:
DEBS, readme
and a script
update.
This is a fresh install, not an update, so I entered the DEBS directory
cd DEBS
(there are a bunch of .deb files in there)
then I installed the debs with dpkg
dpkg -i *.deb

That is also what I used, and it works fine for me (on Ubuntu 10.10).

You mentioned that it installs into /opt (which is does for me, too),
but you are running soffice - do you have a libreoffice executable in
your path (s/b in /usr/bin) and have you tried that?  It's a shell
script that sets up the proper execution environment to run
/opt/libreoffice/program/soffice (which is also a shell script that
runs the soffice.bin executable).

I wrote my own script and tucked it into /usr/local/bin
(basically cd /opt/liberoffice/program ./soffice)
but no such script was installed when I installed the debs.

If this is not how you're running LO, something else may be wrong with
your installation that is beyond my scope of involvement.

It's working now.
I think I explained in another thread.
I had copied my entire /home from my old machine,
an x85 32bit celeron, and something in the ~/.libreoffice dir
didn't agree with the amd64 version.
I figured that out, deleted said dir, reinstalled, and all is good.
Old age...I claim senility...

./tony

--
http://www.baldwinlinguas.com