I was running another .ppt file (which is another one I can't post)
and had a different X crash.

I was trying to select some text from one of the slides (a bullet
list) in the editing configuration (i.e., the slide show was not
running, just Impress) and I inadvertently double-clicked while moving
the mouse during the selection.  Impress crashed the X server and
logged me out (and, it seems, hung my virtual console, too).  I was
able to log back in, but had to reboot for other reasons.

I thought I might have better luck in OOo, so I did exactly the same
thing (without the double click), but part-way through my dragging the
mouse to make the selection, OOo Presentation crashed the X server,
too.

I'm running Ubuntu 10.10, Gnome 2.32 and LO 3.3.0 rc2.

Anyone else have this problem?