Le 17/12/10 09:59, David Nelson a écrit :

Hi David,

I don't have a Macintosh, unfortunately, and I need detailed
instructions for installing LibreOffice on Mac, *also* covering
installation of a language pack

For Mac, it really is very simple, and in fact there isn't really much
detail to be given.

1) Download the DMG file from the download site.

2) Open the downloaded DMG file by double-clicking on it in the
Downloads folder, or single clicking on the Taskbar launcher drawer
corresponding to Downloads (standard Mac installation setup, usually on
the right of the task bar).

3) Click and drag the LibreOffice.app icon to the Applications folder.
The installation process will start. You may be required to enter your
administrator password to install (this is dependent on the particular
setup of the user, i.e. whether or not they have separate Admin and User
accounts with different rights). If the installation process terminates
correctly, you will get a message informing you thereof.

4) To start LibreOffice, go to the Applications folder and double-click
on the LibreOffice icon.

5) Language pack installation :
Download the DMG file corresponding to the language pack you wish to
install. Double-click on the downloaded file from your Downloads folder.
Double-click on the icon "LibreOffice 3.3 Language Pack.app", which will
start the installation process. A window (its an Applescript driven
installation) will appear with "Welcome to the installation wizard for
the LibreOffice 3.3 Language Pack" (please bear in mind that I have
given you the translation into English here of that phrase, since in
reality it is displayed in the language of the pack to be installed).
"This installation will update your installed versions of LibreOffice".
"This may take a while". There are two buttons "Cancel" and "Install".
Clicking on install will open a window asking the user to choose which
installation to add the language pack to. By default, they should choose
the one in /Applications/LibreOffice.app. The possibility also exists to
put this in a specific directory (although quite why I don't know).
Click on "Install". Once the installation has completed, the user gets a
windowed message telling him how to change the language interface
preferences from within LibO.

By default, if you download the EN-US version and then install a lang
pack, on next start up LibreOffice opens up in the language of the pack
you've just installed, at least that is my experience with the French
lang pack.

I also need to know whether it is necessary to de-install a previous
version of LibO (or of OOo) before installing a new version. If so, I
need detailed instructions on how to de-install an existing version.

No this is not necessary, at least not in my experience. If for whatever
reason you need to deinstall LibreOffice, you can simply drag the icon
in the Applications folder to the Bin on your desktop (task launcher
bar). If you really want to clean out everything from a previous
installation, including personal settings, extensions, etc, then you
must go to the "/Users/username/Library/Application Settings" folder and
drag the LibreOffice folder to the Bin.

HTH,

Alex