I just peeked and discovered the huge difference is because some of the
extensions that come with LibO are pretty big...

I'm resintalling LibreOffice from scratch and when I click on the Extensions
option on the Feature Description box it displays "This feature requires 0KB
on your hard drive."

If the Extensions are that big then there is some problem with the installer
which should be reporting the real size.

I also think that there should be a more extended description or at least
the names of the extensions included. The current text "Useful LibreOffice
extensions" doesn't really help to decide if  it is safe to unselect this
item...

The item "Additional language packs" should be renamed to "Language packs"
because if you choose not to install any of the "Additional" packs you get a
warning (which is excellent) that no language is selected.

BTW each language pack "requires 0KB on your hard drive" except for English
which takes 11Mb :)