Bill

My experience with importing csv files has shown me that the data is formatted by the exporting
source program more than by the importing target program.  So I guess I am trying to defend
LibreOffice in some small way.  When you export the data to a csv from the other program make sure
it does not format everything as text.  I work with a program on my smart phone that exports data
to a csv file that I can then manipulate with LibreOffice Calc.  That program is the one that
formats the data as text or numbers.  There is one field that is a number field on my smartphone
but when I open it in Calc it is formatted as text.  I don't know if there is a way to do a
Find/Replace with Regular Expressions to convert selected cells or not.

I hope this helps.

John McAtee