Le 2010-10-27 05:49, Terry Phillips a écrit :

On 26/10/10 23:40, Chris Jones wrote:
 > Terry, are you 100% sure it doesn't install when Java is not present?
 > OO.o used to install perfectly fine when Java was not installed. I see
 > no reason why LO would not perform in the same manner.

Hi Chris,

I realise that LO and OO usually install OK when Java is not installed.
However, an issue arose amongst those of us testing experimental builds
of Wary Linux (a variation of Puppy Linux) using kernels 2.6.34.6 and
2.6.35.7. On first run OO and LO crashed at or before the splash screen
if Java was not installed. Wary uses a layered file system and we use OO
or LO as an sfs file. We have not previously had a problem but this may
be caused by these particular Wary builds. However, I would be
interested to hear if anyone else using a different distro has had a
similar problem with these kernels.

This has caused me to reflect on the desirability of a version of LO
which is completely Java free. I think I read somewhere that Fedora has
produced such a version. There are obvious political reasons for going
down this road. ;) I wonder what are the future plans of LO developers.

Hi Terry:

Could you put a bug in for this? You will most likely get your answer to this from a dev. In fact, they will be interested in LibO's behaviour with your distro.

Marc