A cautionary note which I hope someone else will find useful.

Using LO 7.3.7.2 in UbuntuStudio 2204 LTS I came upon a conflict between two methods of inserting
lines to separate page text from footers.

My exercise was what appeared a simple task, to edit an older document to increase the line width
from the default 0.05pt to 0.75pt in order to improve visibility when printing. It didn't take long
to find that I had long been ignorant of the existence of two methods of defining a border line:
1. editing the page style, Footer tab, select 'More...'
2. editing a footer paragraph style

My awakening happened when I saw that on some pages I had two lines above the footer with a very
small spacing between them - each of the methods has its own positioning of the border line above
the footer. (Playing with the 'padding' doesn't affect the positioning of the line.)

Editing took a little longer than I had expected but at the end, I was still left with a 'page
style footer' border line on one page style that I could not modify. It remained as a 'ghost' and
only vanished when I turned off the footer on that page style and then turned it back on and remade
that footer from scratch.

All goes to show that even after years of use, there are still things to discover.

Philip