Jose,

You don’t specify what OS your are using.
This is not a problem of LO, but rather a file permission issue.

I myself use a Mac and I assume it is the same on Linux.
I see this if I try to edit a file that is sent to me through email if I open the file directly
from mail (open the file by dubbelclick the attachment). This due to the security of mail
attachments. If I copy the attachment out, or save it in a different location LO works flawlessly.

Hope this helps for you too,

Best,
Rob

Op 14 nov. 2023, om 00:57 heeft Jose David Alcantara <jda84375@gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:

Dear LO,        11 13 23

I am getting this message and cannot really use my LO Writer:

The lock file could not be created for exclusive access by LibreOffice, due
to missing permission to create a lock file on that file location or lack
of free disk space.

Do you have an easy way to 1) understand this  2) get around this ?

It is important.

Cordially,

Jose D. Alcantara, ESq.
Attorney