"RG" == Remy Gauthier <remygauthier@yahoo.com> writes:

Hi,
You can use the SUMIF function to have the ResSh1 and ResSh2 of final
to be updated each time you make an entry. If you only have one "Smith"
per table, you can use VLOOKUP to fetch the $7 value for Smith. You
will use these functions to find the "Smith" values in each of your
smaller tables.

Assuming "Name" of table1 is in A1, "Smith" of final is in A2, and
there are 20 rows in table1, using SUMIF for the ResSh1 in final would
bring:

=SUMIF(table1.$a$1:$a:20,CONCATENATE("=",final.a2),table1.$g$1:$g$20)

For ResSh2, you will replace table1 with table2.

If you want to use VLOOKUP, then you will have, for final.ResSh1:

=VLOOKUP(final.a2,table1.$a$1:$g$20,7,FALSE())

I hope this helps.
Rémy.

Thanks very much I will have a look. That might be the most elegant
solution so far.

--
Warning: Content may be disturbing to some audiences
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against Ukraine.