Den fre 4 aug. 2023 kl 12:21 skrev <kdsnkiher@mail.com>:

Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2023 at 4:45 PM
From: "Johnny Rosenberg" <gurus.knugum@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Odd "soffice --convert-to xlsx" behaviour
when called from shell script

If I do:

    soffice --headless --convert-to xlsx /home/me/sheets.ods --outdir
/home/me/tmp

from the command line everything works fine:

func=xmlSecCheckVersionExt:file=xmlsec.c:line=188:obj=unknown:subj=unknown:error=19:invalid
version:mode=abi compatible;expected minor version=2;real minor
version=2;expected subminor version=25;real subminor version=26
    convert /home/me/sheets.ods -> /home/me/tmp/sheets.xlsx using filter :
Calc Office Open XML

When I do it, it says that I need to install libreoffice-common, I guess
from the repositories. However I have LibreOffice installed, but not my
distribution's version, so I have to type libreoffice instead of soffice.
Not important,

So why even bring it up? Given that I said that it worked from the command
line *why even bring it up*?

Just in case you wondered why I typed something else than you (libreoffice
instead of soffice). I thought that was obvious, but sorry for not being
clear enough then.

Also, ”error=19” looks like an indication that even if it seems to be
working, something might be wrong anyway, and it also indicates that there
is a difference between your version and mine, which could be translated to
”upgrade and try again, then let's go from there”.

So already when doing it directly from the terminal emulator, the result
is totally different. No error=19:invalid version or anything like that.

"from the command line everything works fine". I have little interest in
whether some version of something I know nothing about is invalid, given
that it does what I expect regardless. If I was interested then I'd have
brought it up in my post.

 However, if I do the same thing from a shell script

    $(soffice --headless --convert-to xlsx /home/me/sheets.ods --outdir
/home/me/tmp )

I get this:

func=xmlSecCheckVersionExt:file=xmlsec.c:line=188:obj=unknown:subj=unknown:error=19:invalid
version:mode=abi compatible;expected minor version=2;real minor
version=2;expected subminor version=25;real subminor version=26
    convert /tmp/magick-245771VE8simr9bq5 ->
/tmp/magick-245771VE8simr9bq5.pdf using filter : calc_pdf_Export

I have no idea why it should randomly decide to do anything with PDF.
Quite aside from this, the script then hangs waiting for soffice(?) to
finish, which it never* does.

This didn't happen here. I got the exact same result as mentioned above.

    $ soffice -h | grep LibreOffice
    LibreOffice 6.0.7.3 00m0(Build:3)

That might explain it. That's a super old version. As far as I know, a lot
of work have been put into the conversation features since then.
Your version was released 2017-12-23. That's almost six years ago.

Big deal.

Yes, indeed it is. Still today there are stuff not working perfectly when
converting, it was a lot worse back in 2017 (at least that's the impression
I get; I never convert stuff, so I really don't care, just trying to help,
which proved to be a stupid idea, so I'm sorry, I'll keep quiet now).

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg